Join the Freya Systems team as a Senior Developer
Location: Media, PA
Worker Category: Full Time
Job Class: Full Stack Developer
The associates of Freya’s team are the root of our success. We hire people with passion, drive, and a vision for the future. We acknowledge that it is the hard work our associates perform which makes our goals reality. Our culture is fueled by the cooperative and collaborative environment we work in every day.
Applicant will be leading developers in our team to deliver and support modern and complex web applications. Part of the role will include developing domain knowledge to support and understanding of the applications being developed, interacting with customers, and being able to create solutions based on general requirements. The position will involve working with one of the company founders to realize the technical vision for projects with our lead customer. The applicant will be primarily responsible for leading and directing a team of developers, reviewing their work and supporting them with technical insight. As well as leading the team the applicant will also be involved in the development tasks.
Applicant should have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field. Applicants without a bachelor’s degree will be considered but a successful applicant must be able to demonstrate a high level of software development knowledge and experience equivalent to or better than that obtained from an academic course.
Strong problem solving and analytical skills are essential to the position.
The applicant should have greater than 5 years experience developing web-based applications. The applicant should also be able to demonstrate the experience with the following technologies;
- Experience using CSS pre-processors (SASS / LESS / Post-CSS)
- Experience using D3.js, E-Charts or similar charting library
- Strong knowledge of Java
- Strong knowledge of Spring or similar frameworks
- Strong knowledge of Application Servers (Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere etc)
- Strong, in-depth knowledge and experience in SQL/PLSQL
- Experience with databases (Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server etc)
- Web services
- Experience working with Restful web services and JSON
- Experience developing using Agile methodologies
- Experience with task management and version control systems (GIT, JIRA etc)
- Strong organizational and presentation skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail
- Ability to clearly communicate with other team members and customers
It would be desirable for the candidate to have experience with big data technologies including;
- Experience with Apache Solr
- Knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of Big Data, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Spark/Hadoop considered an asset
Self-motivated with an enthusiasm to explore solutions and pursue an understanding of modern web and adjacent technologies and application development techniques.
The applicant will have a proven track record leading and motivating small teams.
Must be eager to learn and have an aptitude for thinking outside of the box.
Needs to be able to communicate ideas clearly and work in a collaborative environment.
Must have a propensity for gathering requirements, executing tasks, and presenting the analysis in a concise manner with minimal guidance.
- Candidates should be a US Citizen (US permeant residents may be considered in some circumstances)
Desired Knowledge (not required);
- Knowledge of aviation and aerospace domain
- Knowledge of military domain
Competitive Full-Time Salary Position
Comprehensive Benefits Packages including; Bonus scheme, Healthcare, 20 days of vacation a year plus 8 days for public holidays and 401k.
Interested in applying? Send us a cover letter and resume: email@example.com