Mid-Level Data Scientist
Are you looking for a job where your love of details and organization are valued? Do you love to solve problems? Do you love math? Did you love to take things apart as a child? This is the job for you!
We believe that Freya Systems is the sum of our team and the root of our success. We offer a great salary with competitive benefits, a warm and friendly environment and a chance to be part of a successful and growing company. This is an open and collaborative office with assigned desks in a conveniently located building with free parking.
People who submit cover letters will be given greater consideration. In the cover letter, please explain why you are a good fit for the specifics of this position, particularly explaining what you love about solving problems or math.
This person will be working closely with a Senior Data Scientist to solve problems and develop solutions using R or Python. Part of the role will include learning about the business, interacting with customers, and being able to create solutions based on general requirements. The position will involve working with large, messy data sets that will need to be cleaned efficiently for analysis. The applicant will be primarily responsible for the execution of solutions after interacting with the Senior Data Scientist, but will eventually grow into a role where they will operate independently and be responsible for the life cycle of an entire project.
A bachelor’s degree in mathematics, engineering, computer science, or related field is highly desired. Applicants without a bachelor’s degree will be considered but a successful applicant must be able to demonstrate a high level of mathematical knowledge and experience equivalent to or better than that obtained from an academic course.
- Must have experience in developing/implementing machine learning models in production.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills are essential to the position.
- Solid knowledge of statistical techniques is a must.
- Required languages – SQL and either Python or R
- Experience in programming Python or R (or MATLAB) is required.
- Must have at least three (3) or more years of industry experience in a Data Science position.
- Self-motivated with an enthusiasm to explore solutions and pursue understanding of statistical analysis and machine learning techniques.
- Must be eager to learn and have an aptitude for thinking outside of the box.
- Needs to be able to communicate ideas clearly and work in a collaborative environment.
- Must have a propensity for gathering requirements, executing tasks, and presenting analysis in a concise manner with minimal guidance.
- Strong organizational and presentation skills are desirable.
Freya is an equal opportunity employer.
Comprehensive Benefits Packages including: Bonus plan, Healthcare, 20 days of vacation a year plus 8 days for public holidays and a 401k plan.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis; we are not able to sponsor visas.
Experiencing using BI tools (Power BI, Tableau, Qlik) a plus