data engineer, data, python, sql, Kubernetes, docker, apache, apache airflow, aws, azure, gcp, cloud, machine learning, data mining, statistics, algorithm, analytics, database tools, data transformation, data ingestion data warehousing, etl, pto, life insurance, health insurance, hybrid, remote, compensation
Data Engineer (Contractor to FTE)
25 Days of Vacation 8 Paid Holidays Company Paid Healthcare 401k, Bonus Plan Self-Learning Plan Casual Dress
The Freya Way:
Are you looking for an environment that would appreciate your Data Engineering expertise? Do you see yourself as a mentor and want to help with upskilling junior-level staff members? Here at Freya Systems, we have created a culture around learning, being compassionate, collaboration, work-life balance, leaning into the challenges of work and having fun with our work. If you feel like our values match your own then continue reading if not then no love lost here! I’m sure there’s a home for you in some large big named company where you’ll never get noticed. Haha Kidding! Or am I?!
I’m glad you are still with us! Freya is a low-pressure environment with a start-up family feel. Here are a few things that would make you the right candidate for the Data Engineer:
If you’re a self-starter and can take ownership of a project…
If you’re keen on learning, exploring solutions…
If you see yourself having a life outside of work…
If you’re a good communicator
If you aren’t afraid of challenges…
Now if you made it this far into the Job Post then I can assume you are interested in the role or just thoroughly entertained by what you are reading, either way, glad you made it!
Freya Systems provides Software and Data Analytics consultancy specializing in the defense aviation and logistics domain. We can provide a range of services from a short-targeted study to answer a specific question to a fully deployed analysis and decision support custom software suite.
Freya Systems LLC is seeking a Data Engineer to help us build a strong foundation for our data infrastructure so that we can implement it across multiple customer projects
Competitive Hourly Rate.
Upon full-time transition: Competitive Salary, Benefits Package including 25 days of vacation plus 8 company-paid holidays, Company paid healthcare, 401k, Bonus plan, and 40 hours of paid learning time annually.
100% REMOTE & Hybrid options – Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis; we are not able to sponsor visas.
- Designs, develops, monitors, and troubleshoots data flow processes
- Conduct research to analyze data, recognize trends and identify anomalies within datasets
- Work with Data Scientists to help prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modeling and helps to deploy algorithms and machine learning models efficiently and effectively.
- Creates efficient SQL scripts and digs into the data to aid in the understanding of the source material and provide useful suggestions to the Data Science Team for features and analysis.
- Automates the flow of data from sources all the way through to model deployment and is educated on ways to make data processing more efficient
- Has the ability to deploy RESTful web services to provide data to consumers
Tech Stack Requirements:
- 4 – 7 years of related experience
- Python & SQL – Must have
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Apache Airflow – Good to have
- Deploying data workflows to AWS is a plus
Apply for this role on the Freya Job Openings page.
Data Analytics Consultant Jobs | Manufacturing Data Analytics Jobs (freyasystems.com)