Java Full Stack Developer
Are you an experienced Java Full Stack Developer looking for a low-pressure environment with a startup family feel in a dress casual office? Are you someone who enjoy taking a project from inception to full on client satisfaction and who loves to have an immediate impact? If so, look no further! Freya Systems, LLC is looking for a Java Full Stack Developer who loves to learn new technologies, apply innovations to current work and enjoys solving the client’s problems.
We believe that Freya Systems is the sum of our team and the root of our success. We offer a great salary with competitive benefits, a warm and friendly environment and a chance to be part of a successful and growing company. This is an open and collaborative office with assigned desks in a conveniently located building with free parking and excellent building amenities.
People who submit cover letters will be given greater consideration. Let us know how and why you are the perfect fit for this position with us!
We develop complex Web applications for customers and our own product range. We provide “soup to nuts” (end-to-end) services for all our customers data-driven decision-making technology needs. We support them with everything from one-off answers to custom developed decision dashboards and applications tailored to their enterprise. Our development team has helped many of our customers in converting user stories, requirements and ideas into full stack applications. We excel in Agile design and development of Java based web applications with a sharp / modern look and feel.
The Java Full Stack developer will be working in our team to deliver and support modern and complex web applications. Part of the role will include developing domain knowledge to support an understanding of the applications being developed, interacting with customers, and being able to create solutions based on general requirements. The position will involve working with one of the company senior developers to realize the technical vision for projects with our lead customer.
Applicant should have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field. Applicants without a bachelor’s degree will be considered but a successful applicant must be able to demonstrate a high level of software development knowledge and experience equivalent to or better than that obtained from an academic course.
The applicant should have greater than 3 years of CAREER experience developing web-based applications.
Experience required in one or more of these areas:
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Maven, SASS, Grunt
- Web Services, SOAP Java: Java 8, Hibernate, JBPM, Spring / Spring Boot
- Experience with Solr and/or Elastic Search
- Restful web services and JSON
- Application Servers (Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Web sphere, etc.)
- Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server etc.
Task management and version control systems (GIT, JIRA etc.), Agile methodologies.
- Problem Solving
- Written and Verbal Communication
Bonus Skills include:
- Oracle 11G / 12G
- IBM Websphere
- Spring Tool Suite
- Enterprise Service Bus
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies
- Self-motivated with an enthusiasm to explore solutions and pursue understanding of modern web and adjacent technologies and application development techniques.
- Strong organizational and presentation skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail and ability to clearly communicate with team members and customers.
- Must be eager to learn and have an aptitude for thinking outside of the box.
- Must be able to write clean, maintainable code and read code created by others.
- Design and develop new product features on all parts of the stack.
- Be flexible and able to move from front end to back end development at a moment’s notice.
Competitive Full Time Salary and Benefits Package including: 25 days of vacation plus 8 company paid holidays, Company paid healthcare, 401k, Bonus plan, and 40 hours of paid learning time annually.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis; we are not able to sponsor visas.
Freya is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested in applying for this position?
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com