Software Development Manager
Freya is looking for a Software Development Manager who would enjoy being responsible for managing and leading a collaborative team of dedicated developers, while still being able to roll up their sleeves and continue to develop code. This person will enjoy working with their team in addition to working closely with the clients, and as needed, continuing to dive into coding. We are a rapidly growing company with great opportunities available. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes being paid for 40 hours of learning annually. We are committed to our people. We’re looking for the right person who wants to be an important part of a collaborative and flourishing company.
You should apply if you have at least 5 years of managing a software development team and are looking for the next step in your career. You need to be capable of Strategic thinking. At the least, you will have at least 5 years of experience of contributing individually in a software development position. Ideally, you will have Full Stack development experience as well.
People who submit cover letters will be given greater consideration. In the cover letter, please explain why you are a good fit for this position, particularly explaining your management experience.
We believe that Freya Systems is the sum of our team and the root of our success. We offer a great salary with competitive benefits, a warm and friendly environment and a chance to be part of a successful and growing company. This is an open and collaborative office with assigned desks in a conveniently located building with free parking.
Duties will include:
- Being able to lead, mentor and communicate well with your development team
- Interfacing with the clients with clear communication and a leadership mentality
- Ensuring that the team goals are clearly communicated, monitored and achieved
- Actively monitoring the schedule and assessing the technical risk, watching for obstacles and roadblocks proactively
- Dedication to providing the highest quality products and services which meet the needs and requirements of the client.
- Proactively identifying and deploying best practices in software development
What we are looking for:
- The willingness to be held accountable and to take full responsibility of outcomes
- Demonstrated conscientiousness and integrity
- The ability to collaborate with openness
- Enthusiasm and engagement.
- The ability to understand and reinforce the company culture and values, strategic objectives, goals and priorities
- The ability to inspire and mentor and create an environment in which people want to do their best
- Enthusiasm and initiative for new processes and system with the ability to compromise where different approaches exist.
- A commitment to learning and continuous self-improvement.
- The foresight and drive to develop and implement both short and long-term strategies to help the company exceed expectations and the competition
- A focus on being current with the latest business environments and technology, bringing them to the team as they apply
- Appreciation for incremental improvements as well as bold innovations
- At least 5 years of experience managing an engineering/development team of at least 5 – 10 people
- At least 5-10 years of relevant industrial technical work experience
- A proven track record of leadership & project management
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required (Master’s degree is a plus)
The ideal candidate would have 5+ years of hands on development experience in most or all of these:
- Java including Spring Boot
- UI Design
- SQL and relational databases
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis; we are not able to sponsor visas.
Freya is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Competitive Full Time Salary and Benefits Packages including, 20 days of vacation, Healthcare, 401k, Bonus plan, and a Self-learning plan.
Interested in applying for this position?
Interested Candidates can apply via Dice.