Duties will include:
- Being able to lead, mentor and communicate well with your development team
- Interfacing with the clients with clear communication and a leadership mentality
- Ensuring that the team goals are clearly communicated, monitored and achieved
- Actively monitoring the schedule and assessing the technical risk, watching for obstacles and roadblocks proactively
- Dedication to providing the highest quality products and services which meet the needs and requirements of the client.
- Proactively identifying and deploying best practices in software development
What we are looking for:
- The willingness to be held accountable and to take full responsibility of outcomes
- Demonstrated conscientiousness and integrity
- The ability to collaborate with openness
- Enthusiasm and engagement.
- The ability to understand and reinforce the company culture and values, strategic objectives, goals and priorities
- The ability to inspire and mentor and create an environment in which people want to do their best
- Enthusiasm and initiative for new processes and system with the ability to compromise where different approaches exist.
- A commitment to learning and continuous self-improvement.
- The foresight and drive to develop and implement both short and long-term strategies to help the company exceed expectations and the competition
- A focus on being current with the latest business environments and technology, bringing them to the team as they apply
- Appreciation for incremental improvements as well as bold innovations
- At least 5 years of experience managing an engineering/development team of at least 5 – 10 people
- At least 5-10 years of relevant industrial technical work experience
- A proven track record of leadership & project management
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required (Master’s degree is a plus)
The ideal candidate would have 5+ years of hands on development experience in most or all of these:
- Java including Spring Boot
- UI Design
- SQL and relational databases