Are you looking for a job where your love of details and organization are valued? Do you love to solve problems? Do you love math? Did you love to take things apart as a child? This is the job for you!
We believe that Freya Systems is the sum of our team and the root of our success. We offer a great salary with competitive benefits, a warm and friendly environment and a chance to be part of a successful and growing company. This is an open and collaborative office with assigned desks in a conveniently located building with free parking.
People who submit cover letters will be given greater consideration. In the cover letter, please explain why you are a good fit for the specifics of this position, particularly explaining what you love about solving problems or math.
A bachelor’s degree in mathematics, engineering, computer science, or related field is highly desired. Applicants without a bachelor’s degree will be considered but a successful applicant must be able to demonstrate a high level of mathematical knowledge and experience equivalent to or better than that obtained from an academic course.
- Must have experience in developing/implementing machine learning models in production.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills are essential to the position.
- Solid knowledge of statistical techniques is a must.
- Required languages – SQL and either Python or R
- Experience in programming Python or R (or MATLAB) is required.
- Must have at least three (3) or more years of industry experience in a Data Science position.
- Self-motivated with an enthusiasm to explore solutions and pursue understanding of statistical analysis and machine learning techniques.
- Must be eager to learn and have an aptitude for thinking outside of the box.
- Needs to be able to communicate ideas clearly and work in a collaborative environment.
- Must have a propensity for gathering requirements, executing tasks, and presenting analysis in a concise manner with minimal guidance.
- Strong organizational and presentation skills are desirable.